Sincerely Rylee

Spoonflower

Monday, May 23, 2016

A Sparkly Baby - Woman's Palauchos

I bought the Woman's Palauchos pattern from A Sparkly Baby on Etsy during a Sale right before Christmas. I finally got around to printing it out and making a pair - then I quickly made another pair. I think I will be making many more and these will be a staple in my summer wardrobe.

First I made a pair with Boho Chic performance knit I ordered from Sugar Ink Fabric. Originally I was going to make leggings, but when I got the fabric in, I decided that something with more volume would show off the beautiful print better.



Then I decided to get my Botanist's Notebook print out from Zenith & Quasar and make another pair. This print is available for preorder through May 31st on brushed poly - and yes, I will be buying more. I made my palauchos with the original run of Botanist's notebook which was printed on a soft 2-way stretch poly lycra. I'm so excited that Lilly Himrod is rerunning it on brushed poly. Her brushed poly feels amazing and has great 4-way stretch.



The best thing about this pattern - I can get a pair of pants out of 1 Yard!!! The pattern calls for a yoga waist band, but I just did a normal non folded knit band on mine (that I had to cut from another fabric).

But I love the fit of these and think the loose flowy legs will feel great during the hot temps of summer.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

KZJO Studio Pattern of the Month - the Mirabel

I love pattern testing for Kaysie of KZJO Studio. She recently did a pattern test for a robe and I was unable to test at the time. Lucky for me, it is the Pattern of the Month for May and is on Sale for $6.75. Buy it HERE.

The pattern is intended to be used with satin, silk, sateen, rayon challis, voile, french terry, waffle knit, chenille, cotton velour, and fleece.  All of which sound fabulous, but I had some cotton lycra knit that I thought would be perfect.

My fabric came from 3 Material Girlz. I sewed a strike off for it, and the scale was great and I had plans to make my self an awesome tunic with it when I ordered. My order came in and the scale was HUGE compared to the strike off I had been sent to sew. So it's been sitting on my shelf waiting for a project that would showcase the print properly. This print is still available to order HERE.

So, here I am in my robe.

This large print was perfect for this robe.



I love that the robe is designed so the belt ties are attached to the robe - so no more loosing the belt.


This is what it looks like worn open.


So, I had to make pajamas to match my new robe. For the top, I used the Poppy pattern, also fro KZJO Studio. And it's FREE! Get it HERE.


I did make mine slightly off pattern - I graded mine from a size medium out to the largest size at the hem. I wanted my pajama top to fit a little loose.


I love the binding on the neckline and arms.


The bottoms I made are the Matilda leggings from Spit up and Stilettos (which no longer has this name and no longer offers womens patterns).

The instructions for the robe are written for both a sewing machine and serger construction. They were very easy to follow, and I made some minor adjustments as I went since I was using a knit. The fit is spot on going by my measurements.

The pattern did have a shorten and lengthen line. I probably could have made mine shorter. The only thing missing is pockets - but that is an easy addition.

I would definitely recommend both of these patterns.